In this podcast, Chris interviews Christopher Morrissette. Christopher is the COO of Serious Illness Care and Chief Strategy Officer for Teleios Collaborative Network. This is a great listen to understand the challenges facing our country due to the rising costs of healthcare and why palliative care and serious illness care is part of the solution. Christopher lays out how innovation, technology, and serious illness care will play a role in a brighter future for healthcare.
COO of Serious Illness Care and Chief Strategy Officer
Teleios Collaborative Network
Christopher Morrissette, MBA over 20 years of extensive operational experience within Serious Illness Care including Palliative Care, hospice, home care, and long-term care. Christopher joined TCN when founded in 2017 and has supported the development of serious illness care models, payer strategy, Business Intelligence, and the formation of the Clinically Integrated Network.
CEO / President of Teleios Collaborative Network
Re-imagination is the birthplace for vision and change. – Susan Young
Tools from this podcast:
Some applicable stats:
The year 2030 marks a demographic turning point for the United States.
- Beginning 2030, all baby boomers will be older than 65 years of age.
- This will expand the size of the older population, meaning one in every five Americans is projected to be of retirement age.
- The Gross Domestic spending on healthcare was 19.7% according to 2020 data. Previously, GDP was 17% for the prior 10 years.
- US national healthcare expenditure reached $4.1 trillion in 2020 (equating to $12,530 per person) and is estimated to reach $6.2 trillion by 2028 according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- This is a growth of over 50%, apply the same calculation to GDP and we could be looking at minimum ¼ of the US Economy spent on Healthcare for a mediocre product.
WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS?
ATTEND OUR LEADERSHIP IMMERSION
Title Sponsor for Leadership Immersion 2022